Cashflow FI: More Flexibility with Your Money and Schedule
Want more flexibility with your budget and life? Learn how mastering your cash flow brings you closer to financial independence and freedom!
How to Have More Options with Cashflow FI
It can be a challenge to break out of the paycheck to paycheck cycle. One recent survey found that 64% of Americans are in that cycle; that's nine and half million more than 2021.
You might be thinking that it is because of income and for sure that’s a major issue, but your income is only part of the equation.
Fortune reported that over half of Americans earning $100,000 or more are living paycheck to paycheck.
Again there are various reason why people are struggling even with a healthy income and we’ll cover a few of them here in future episodes, but one big factor is they haven’t taken the time to prioritize their spending.
Whether you’re looking to pursue financial independence or something in the more traditional time frame, you have to master your cash flow.
When you have a gap between what you’re spending and earning while still enjoying life, you’re giving yourself more options and flexibility with your budget and schedule.
It’s not automatic though, it’s skill you have to learn.
That’s why I’m happy to have Cody Berman on today’s show.
He's the co-founder of the Financial Independence Show and the co-founder of Gold City Ventures.
In this episode, we’ll cover:
- why financial independence is more than just leaving the rat race
- diversifying your income in a way where you’re not trading your time for money
- why Cody is focused on cash flow FI vs waiting to hit a more traditional FI number
We have a lot to go over, so let’s get started!
Resources to Hit Your FI Number Faster
Ready to knock out your debt? Check out these tools and resources to easily manage your family’s finances!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Empower, Tiller, Mint
- Grab a copy of my book: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Reach Your Money Goals with my FREE course: 5 Days to $5K
- Cody’s Podcast: The FI Show
- Gold City Ventures
- Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris
- Mr. Money Mustache
- Finding the Best Paying Side Hustles for You
- Root of Good: Another fantastic FI blog
If you want to chat more about creating better money habits, questions, or share your own tips, please join us at Thriving Families on Facebook. We’d love to see you there!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! Come check out Coastal today if you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first and foremost including an annual loyalty bonus.
We've been members for years and love their service and competitive rates on checking and savings accounts!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Join our coffee group ☕: Get access to exclusive behind the scenes videos, chats, and more!
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in four weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!