Budgets don't have to feel like deprivation. Learn how to create a flexible family budget that fits in what you love while hitting your financial goals!
Why Your Family Needs a Flexible Budget
Raise your hand if the first time you made your budget it was exactly what you needed and was a perfect for your situation.
Yeah, I don’t personally know anyone who got their budget right the first try and there’s a few reasons for that.
Chances are what you put down on paper doesn’t match real life. Either you have a money leak you’re not aware of or like what you just heard in the teaser, you get thrown for a loop.
It’s enough to make you just want to trash the ideas of budgeting, but that would be a mistake.
Right now more families are living paycheck to paycheck.
I was reading a recent report from Lending Tree which highlighted overall 60% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Millennials, though, seem to be in worse shape as that number jumps to 73%.
That can be pretty scary. One hiccup or an emergency can totally throw off your finances.
If you ready to break the cycle then please listen in. Personal finance author and podcaster Allison Baggerly from Inspired Budget is not just sharing her story, but some fantastic tips on how to create a flexible budget that works for your family's unique needs and circumstances.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- how shifting her mindset about budgets transformed her finances and life
- why having a flexible budget is key to long-term success and financial stability
- practical tips on how to get started if you hate budgets
We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
Resources to Build Better Budgets
If you’re looking to start or revamp your budget so you can reach your family and financial goals faster, check out some of these resources below!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Empower, Tiller, Mint
- Grab Your Copy of My Book: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Inspired Budget
- Allison’s Book: Money Made Easy
- Getting Good with Money and Dumping Debt
If you’d like to chat more your money system, please join us in our private and free Facebook group – Thriving Families. It’s a group Andy, Andrew from Family Money Plan, and myself run as a team.
We’re families looking to support and help one another out.
Hope to see you there!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! Come check out Coastal today if you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first and foremost including an annual loyalty bonus.
We've been members for years and love their service and competitive rates on checking and savings accounts!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Join our coffee group ☕: Get access to exclusive behind the scenes videos, chats, and more!
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in four weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!