Monthly Goal Review and Preview: January / February 2016
I really wish I could come up with a better title, but considering how insane things have been with the move…..yeah I'm just happy I can function.
It's a new month, so it's time to review my monthly goals from January and share my goals for February.
January Goal Review
Rather than come up with a ton of goals, I decided to keep it simple. Having one goals to focus on at a time helped me to stay focused and motivated.
- Get our finances for both closings ready
- Pack and make arrangements for the move
- Launch Simplify & Enjoy
Now for the fun part – the review!
Get Our Finances Ready for Closings
We had some repairs that needed to be done before we could sell our townhouse. We scheduled them week by week so our cash flow wouldn't be too crazy.
Unfortunately we hit a big snag when one of the windows we were replacing broke. It didn't come in with a piece so when the contractor installed it, it cracked.
I admit I freaked out when I saw that and thought for sure the closing was delayed, but happily we worked this out.
We made arrangements for the replacement window to come in. The contractor will install in as soon as it arrives.
Pack and Move from One House to Another
This was a huge stress for us. To make a long story short we filled up the truck and still had boxes and stuff left in the house.
The buyer was coming in 8am to do a final walk-through and we barely got every thing out ON THE SIDEWALK by 7:55am. Yeah, it was that close.
It took a lot of coordination and help from rock star friends, but we got everything in the new place.
I got to drive a big truck which honestly is not my cup of tea. Thankfully I didn't hot anything and returned it on time. Score!
Launch Simplify & Enjoy
Yep this site's launch was a huge goal for me. I've been thinking about it for a while and I'm happy it's out there.
I'm also grateful for you taking the time to read it. Thank you and I hope we can keep each other motivated to simplify this year and beyond.
January Goal Review
With February started, we have some more goals to tackle.
- File Our Taxes: Not something I consider fun, but essential. We're hoping for a small refund so I have a little extra motivation to get this done as soon as possible.
- Unpack and Settle into the New House: I should define that settling in means that we unpack enough so we can take care of our regular routine. Seeing how much stuff we had gives me
- Write 30,000 words: With the move, I got out of my daily habit of writing. I hope that making this an official goal will keep me accountable.
Thoughts on Simplifying this Month
I shared my goals for this month; I'd love to hear from you. What are you up to this month?
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!