Do you have a huge financial goal you’re chasing, but you’re not sure how to fit it in with everything you have going on right now?
Learn how you can be happy with your money and your life!
Finding a Healthy Balance with Your Money and Your Life
One of the biggest challenges when working on family and financial goals is finding that balance.
It can be easy to go from one extreme to another without even realizing it.
Before we started knocking out our debts, I wouldn’t say I gave much attention to finances.
However, there’s another extreme where you’re completely focused on your financial goals. It can get to the point where you say, ‘We’re going to do this when we pay this debt off, or have this much invested, or XYZ‘, you get the idea.
This approach can rob you of joy of the journey and can add undue stress to your family.
Taking care of your family and financial goals can be enjoyable. It can also be more holistic, improving different areas of your life, including social, mental health, and more.
In this episode we’ll:
- look at finances through a holistic lens
- share how you can make sure that you're enjoying the journey
- how to take care of yourself and your family
We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
Resources to Find More Balance with Your Health and Wealth
If you’re ready to jump into the year and knock out some of your health and wealth goals, here are a few of my favorite.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grab Your Copy: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Jason's Books: Happy Money Happy Life and You Only Live Once
- Connect with Jason: Twitter and Instagram
- Start with Your Why
- Noom Weight: Unlike other programs, Zoom’s psychological focus uses small goals to help users create lasting habits and lose weight for good. You'll get fitness tips, recipes, a coach, and more to stay motivated.
- What’s the #1 habit Peter would suggest every person add to their daily regimen?
If you’d like to chat more your money system, please join us in our private and free Facebook group – Thriving Families.
We’re families looking to support and help one another out.
Hope to see you there!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! Come check out Coastal today if you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first and foremost including an annual loyalty bonus.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Join our coffee group ☕: Get access to exclusive behind the scenes videos, chats, and more!
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in four weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!