Do you want to start a garden this year, but are you've been bad with plants? Here are my best tips on how to design and grow an easy garden!
Learning to Grow a Garden
Before we get into gardening, I want to be upfront about something- I used to be the person who kept cacti around because it was the only plant I could keep alive.
I am not someone who naturally has a green thumb. This is something that I had to build up from and learn.
Good news, though, is now I'm hunting through seed catalogs each season, picking out what we're going to grow. I enjoy seeing how much of our own food we can grow from the garden.
Obviously, this was not an overnight process, but surprisingly, it wasn't as hard as I thought.
A key part of me enjoying gardening is by starting off small and going with easy to grow plants. With some small, but powerful wins I was motivated to dive into this new hobby that I love.
The good news is if I can do it, you can do it.
If you are thinking of starting a garden, but you're worried about your skills or if it's gonna be a lot of work, I want to help you out.
I want you to have an incredible and awesome year of gardening without a ton of hassle. So in this episode, we're gonna get into how to design your garden so that it's productive. Yet easy to How to decide which plants to grow.
And some of my favorite garden tips to get you started on the right foot. We have a lot to cover. So let's get started!
In this episode, we’ll get into:
- how to design your garden so that it’s productive yet easy to maintain
- how to decide what to grow
- some of my favorite garden tips to get you started on the right foot
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Easily Jumpstart Your Garden
If you’re ready to start growing your garden, here are a few of my favorite resources and includes what we covered in the podcast.
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Empower, Tiller, Mint
- Grab Your Copy: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- 20 Easy Plants to Grow in Your Food Garden
- Frugal Foodie: How to Level Up with Homebrewing and Gardening
- 4 Keys to Maximizing Your Food Forest or Permaculture Garden’s Productivity
- Permaculture Gardening: How Companion Planting Helps
- How to Start a Garden in 2023
- Organic Gardening 101: Building Up Your Soil with Wood Chips
- Stunning TINY Permaculture Backyard Kitchen Garden (With 30 Fruit Trees!)
- Simplify Gardening: How to Start a Compost Pile
- Send In Your Family and Finance Questions for the Listener Mailbag episodes HERE!
If you’d like to chat more your family and financial goals, please join us in our private and free Facebook group – Thriving Families.
We’re families looking to support and help one another out.
Hope to see you there!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! Come check out Coastal today if you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first and foremost including an annual loyalty bonus.
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Join our coffee group ☕: Get access to exclusive behind the scenes videos, chats, and more!
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in four weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!