Open enrollment season is here and I want you to be prepared. Learn how you can avoid some of the biggest mistakes and instead maximize your workplace benefits to their fullest potential!
Open Enrollment FAQs
How would you like to help set up your finances for this next year so that it runs smoother and that you are going to be hitting your money goals faster?
That might very well be the case if you take time this weekend to go over your options with open enrollment.
I know it might not seem like the most exciting thing when you get that packet, but you can have a huge insignificant one with your finances if you take the time to really research your options and make sure that you're maximizing your benefits.
With open enrollment health insurance is typically the biggest decision families worry about an understandably. You're trying to strike that balance of getting the best coverage for your family at an affordable price, which can be a struggle. However, that's just one piece.
There are other benefits that I want to make sure you are maximizing as much as possible. How do you know where to start and which workplace benefits you should focus on?
That's why I want to share a discussion I had with Matt minor awhile ago about which areas to give your attention to and what essential conversations you should be having as a family to get a clearer picture of optimizing your workplace benefits.
Matt is a fee only fiduciary advisor with Miner Wealth Management and he specializes in helping families make sure that their finances are aligned with their goals, priorities, and values. He's also the creator and host of the work pants, finance podcast.
In this episode, we're going to be covering:
- some of the most common and biggest mistakes families make when they go through open enrollment with their benefits
- how disability insurance works and why you should consider it, even if you are young and healthy
- what to look out for for other possible benefits and keeping an eye on your 401(k)
Hope you enjoy!
Resources to Maximize Your Family's Finances
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grab a copy of my book: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Build Up Your Travel Fund Faster with my FREE course: 5 Days to $5K
- Making the Most of Your Workplace Benefits
- Insurance Coverage Families Needs with Matt Becker
If you want to chat more about creating better money habits, questions, or share your own tips, please join us at Thriving Families on Facebook.
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! Come check out Coastal today if you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first and foremost including an annual loyalty bonus.
We've been members for years and love their service and competitive rates on checking and savings accounts!
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit of an IRA is choosing how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start to finish – for FREE and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!