Today, we're going over the big questions that many families have when it comes to their 401ks. I want to show you how to maximize your contributions and your investments without a lot of hassle!
Making the Most Out of Your 401(k)
When we started our open enrollment series last week, we began by talking about this idea of big wins. We're if you focus your attention on a few key expenses. You can financially put yourselves ahead.
We really dove into answering questions about insurance, specifically health insurance since so many families see this as one of those huge expenses out of their budget. The challenge with taking care of your health insurance is making sure that you get the coverage you need at an affordable price.
From our experience in talking with others in the community. I've seen that, getting these pieces into place now can set you up for some incredible wins later. Now, usually during this time of year, I pull in experts like certified financial planners, where we dive into the nitty gritty details of the different benefits and options that may be available.
I'm very grateful for those experts who took the time to share some of their knowledge. And I will have those episodes on the homepage for the next few weeks. So that you can listen to them because much of what they said is still incredibly helpful.
Our focus last week was on insurance, but this week it's on 401ks and investments.
While you can make adjustments with your investments and contributions throughout the year. Many families choose to do it now around the same time as open enrollment, because they are sitting down together and looking at the numbers.
With that in mind, I'm going to do what we did last week which is go over these questions that I see from my side, either through discussions in the newsletter, our Facebook group, thriving families, or through those Google searches that I see when people first discover the site.
In this episode, we're going to be getting into:
the biggest mistakes couples make with their 401ks and how to avoid that.
Figuring out how much to contribute. And whether you should contribute at all when you're dealing with debt.
And what to do with your 401k when you have the limited investment options.
Are you ready? Let's get started!
Resources for Smarter Investing
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grab Your Copy: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Join Our Thriving Families Community on Facebook
- How to Maximize Your Retirement with Your 401(k)s
- How Much Should We Contribute to Our 401(k)?
- Master Your 401(k): Optimizing Your Investments
- Free 401(k) Analysis: blooom
- Capitalize: 401(k) Rollovers made easy
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
We’ve been Coastal members for a few years have been happy with their services.
Did you know that Coastal offers a Health Savings Account? If you have a high deductible health plan, you need to take advantage of an HSA.
Find out more about what Coastal offers here!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your rating and review on Apple Podcasts.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!