Worried about how your investments are doing right now? We'll look at how to do a investment portfolio review so that you'll not only feel less stressed but take productive steps to help you invest better!
Why Investment Portfolio Reviews Are a Smart Move
If you've been following the news, especially finances. It can be pretty scary right now. It seems like all the headlines are focused on high gas prices, how inflation is affecting basic goods, and how volatile the market is right now.
We're in a bear market, which if you're not familiar with the term means that there's been a decline of 20% or more from recent highs.
While staying on top of the big threads of what's going on is good, being too tuned into the news can backfire. Look, I've been writing about personal finance for almost a decade and a half and I can still get a bit anxious about it.
This is where doing a portfolio review can help. When we're doing our monthly reviews for our money dates, we get a snapshot of what's going on with our accounts to make sure everything's moving along well. But a few times a year. Around once a quarter for us. We'll also look at our investments more closely.
It's like a financial checkup. That's beneficial for finances for sure, but believe it or not, our marriage. For us, this is an opportunity to hit pause. Just sit down and really talk about what's been working and what's not working with our family finances.
We can also take a step back and discuss the big picture about what we want to do in the near future and then longterm. It's a low key, but productive way for us to stay on top of things.
And I want to show you how you can do it too.
In this episode, we'll dive into:
- why less is more when it comes to portfolio reviews
- what questions to ask to make sure you're on track
- things you can do to improve your portfolio
We have a lot to cover. So let's get started!
Resources to Stay on Top of Your Investments
Whether you're new to investing or looking to level up, here are some resources to get your there faster!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grab Your Copy: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Join Our Thriving Families Community on Facebook
- How to Avoid 4 Bad Investing Habits That Can Destroy Your Nest Egg
- Unconventional Success A Fundamental Approach to Personal Investment
- The Simple Path to Wealth
- What Happens When Stock Markets Become Bears
- Your 5-Step Guide to Navigating a Scary Stock Market
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first including an annual loyalty bonus.
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start to finish – for FREE. Yes, that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and becoming financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple, Spotify, or Audible.
- Buy me a cup of coffee!
Sign up for weekly newsletter full of tips, stories, and more to help your family become financially free
Get the best of Simplify & Enjoy in your inbox!