Besides investing in index funds, many families in the FI space are also investing in real estate. We'll look at the different avenues involved (flipping, rental properties, REITs) so you can see if investing real estate is right for you!
Is Real Estate Investing Right for Us?
The transformation of those places can be incredible, but part the draw too – at least for me – is waiting until the end to see how much they sold it for and seeing the profit they take home.
I don’t know about you, we do think about the potential of real estate.
If you’re a family working towards financial freedom, one of the things to consider is diversifying your income.
For some families investing in real estate has been the way to go, but is that the right choice for you?
That’s something we’re actually considering now. I don’t know about you, but before I put any money in, I want to have a clear idea of how things work so we can see if it’s the best use of our money and fits into the big picture for us.
In this episode we’ll get into:
- The various ways you can start investing in real estate
- How to financial prepare so if you decide to go in, you have a solid foundation
- Resources and ways to dig in deeper and learn more
Let’s get started!
Resources on Real Estate
If you’re looking to buy, here are some resources to help you find an affordable place you love!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Roofstock <- Easy and simple way to invest in single-family rental properties
- How to Invest in Real Estate: Ultimate Beginner's Guide
- Buying Real Estate for only $100: REITs vs Rental Property
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
If you need an agent, Daymark Realty has a fantastic team ready to help find the perfect house for you in the Triangle area!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast!
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple!
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Sign up for weekly newsletter full of tips, stories, and more to help your family become financially free
Get the best of Simplify & Enjoy in your inbox!