New month, which means it’s time to review and share some goals!
March Goal Review
As bad as March was with all the unexpected expenses, I was able to get quite a few things done.
I'm grateful that we've been able to slash or eliminate some bills, which gave a us a cushion. That said, I'm hoping this month will be fairly low key.
As reminder, here were my goals for March along with the progress made:
- Work on my sites: It came down to the last day, but I was able to get my sites updated and cleaned up to make them more searchable and helpful for new and regular readers.
- Fix Up and Plant Gardens: DONE! I created two spots in our yard for growing some food. We got the seeds planted and have been tending to them. Right now we're battling weeds and ivy; guess we didn't get them all as we originally thought.
- Write 30,000 words: I can't believe I wrote this much! Becoming an early riser was a huge help. Now that's it's over, I thought I might go back to my old schedule, but this new routine has stuck and I wake up feeling refreshed.
Having achieved these goals I'm feeling good about this month.
With things settling down, I want to start looking at giving more attention to my work (gotta pay the bills!) and enjoying our new place.
- Do a site audit for Couple Money. I have over 800 posts written on the site and I know that some of them need to be updated so they can be useful for new readers who visit the site looking for personal finance tips.This will be an ongoing project so for April I'm shooting for 50 posts.
- Go green at home. With all the work we have done, we have plenty of yard debris that we can use for compost. We also want to start redesigning the landscape and growing some grass so the kids can have a place to play. Not the whole yard (that wouldn't fit with our long term plans), just a chunk near the back patio area. Right now it's a mix of weeds, large bald spots, and crabgrass.
- Pitch a podcast. I have an idea for another podcast that I would love to do. More details on it later, but this is something I'll need some support with.
THOUGHTS ON SIMPLIFYING THIS MONTH
Well, there you have it. I shared my goals for this month; I’d love to hear from you. What are you up to this month?
Sign up for weekly newsletter full of tips, stories, and more to help your family become financially free
Get the best of Simplify & Enjoy in your inbox!