New month, which means it's time to review and share some goals!
I'm so happy that spring is coming up, not a fan of this cold and erratic weather we've been having.
February Goal Review
So last month told you what I wanted to knock out. In the spirit of simplifying I kept it to only three things (money, home, and life).
Here's how it went down:
- File Our Taxes: We finished our taxes and waiting for a refund. It's particularly welcomed after the fridge died this past weekend.
- Unpack and Settle into the New House: Everything vital is up. We still have some items like the clothes that are scattered in boxes downstairs. We'll take them out and put everything else back.
- Write 30,000 words: This was a fail. My plan was to write in the evenings when my husband was home and could watch the kids. It didn't work that way – we're both tired and I discovered I'm not much of a night writer.
Okay, so 2 out of 3. Not thrilled with that, but I do have a plan to fix my writing goal.
With things settling down, I want to start looking at giving more attention to my work and enjoying our new place.
- Work on my sites: I've been writing online for years and some of my sites need some updating and attention to the admin. Besides making them better resources for readers and I think this could help increase income. (Win-win!)
- Fix Up and Plant Gardens: We did a ton of prep work on the yard already and with spring around the corner, I'd like to get started with the gardens.
- Write 30,000 words: This will get done! I've been waking up an hour earlier than my usual schedule to make time. Unfortunately this has an unforeseen consequence of the girls now waking up early.
THOUGHTS ON SIMPLIFYING THIS MONTH
I shared my goals for this month; I’d love to hear from you. What are you up to this month?
Sign up for weekly newsletter full of tips, stories, and more to help your family become financially free
Get the best of Simplify & Enjoy in your inbox!