How does a summer vacation in multiple countries sound? Road-trip around the US? Month in the Bahamas?
Learn how one family of five plans and travel hack these epic trips so they’re getting an incredible deal!
Ready to Travel Hack an Epic Family Vacation?
Last week we discovered the risk and rewards of travel hacking with credit cards. This week we’re diving into planning the actual trip.
This is why I’m thrilled Justin from Root of Good is on the show today. I interviewed him years ago on Couple Money and he shared how he and his wife were able to retire in their early 30s with three kids.
As you heard at the top of the show, he and his family have gone on some incredible family vacations.
Here’s the thing, though – they’re more affordable than you realize. Part of their strategy does include using credit card rewards, but it’s so much more than that.
Justin uses different sites to optimize those details like travel and eating, which adds up quickly.
In this episode, we get into:
- how to plan for family vacations with kids
- finding deals on flights, hotels, and transportation
- getting the most value out of the experience while still relaxing
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
Resources to Optimize Your Travel Rewards and More
Looking for ways to save on your next family getaway? Here are some fantastic resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Check Out the Best Rewards Card Offers Out Now on Travel Freely
- Connect with Justin: Root of Good | Twitter
- Justin's Picks for Credit Cards: Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- Snatch Up Deals on Priceline for Your Flights, Hotels, and More!
- Coastal Credit Union's Reward Cards
- Where to Travel in 2022: 22 locations that should land on your bucket list this year
- 3 Reasons “Budget” Hotels DESTROY Nice Ones
- Can You Really Get Free Flights? Travel Hacking Essentials
- Rome to Rio: Discover how to get anywhere by plane, train, bus, ferry & car
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first including an annual loyalty bonus. We've been members for years and love their service and competitive rates on checking and savings accounts!
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit with an IRA is you get to choose how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start-to-finish – for FREE. They handle the process from start-to-finish, and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and becoming financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple, Spotify, or Audible.
- Buy me a cup of coffee!