When’s the Best Time to Buy Stuff, Find Deals, and Travel?
Want to maximize your money? Find the best time in the year to buy electronics and other big purchases, and find travel deals!
The Best Time to Buy
One way to start planning for next year’s budget is to review and discuss what big purchases you need or like to make.
Because these are outside your typical budget, you want to start saving ahead of time to keep your cash flow smooth. You can also try to time things, so you have the money ready to buy when it is on sale.
After scouring resources like Consumer Reports, Wirecutter, NerdWallet, and more, I’ve compiled a list of the best times to buy things for the year.
In this episode, we’ll get into:
- Each season and month so you know when a good time to snag a deal
- Tools that can help you get rebates or find the lowest prices
- How to make room in your budget for those big purchases
We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
Resources to Stay on Top of Your Money
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grab Your Copy: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Consumer Report’s Best Time to Buy Things
- What to Buy Every Month in 2022
- 20 Money Saving Tips
- The Best Time to Buy Flights
- The Best Time to Buy Anything
If you want to chat more about creating better money habits, questions, or share your own tips, please join us at Thriving Families on Facebook.
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! Come check out Coastal today if you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better.
As a credit union, Coastal serves its members first and foremost including an annual loyalty bonus.
We've been members for years and love their service and competitive rates on checking and savings accounts!
Rollover Your 401(k) Easily with Capitalize
We’re grateful for wonderful partners like Capitalize. Not only do they support the podcast, but they help make managing your money so much easier.
Did you know that it’s estimated that there are currently over 24 million “forgotten” 401(k) accounts? In fact, the average American changes jobs every 4 years.
And because of the Great Resignation, you or someone you know might be changing jobs even more
It’s an extreme case of out of sight and out of mind. Is your old 401(k) in there somewhere, left behind at a job you're no longer with?
One huge benefit of an IRA is choosing how your money is invested, not your old employer.
If you want to consolidate your old 401(k) and have more options with how you invest, it may be time to roll them over into an IRA.
With Capitalize, they handle the process from start to finish – for FREE and yes that includes calling the 401(k) provider on your behalf.
Find out how and get started today!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Become a Member.
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!