Frugal Foodie: Enjoy Great Food & Save Money
Food is usually one of the biggest expenses families have. We dive right back in with ways you can save a significant amount of money while still being a foodie!
Becoming a Frugal Foodie
Frugal foodie is back!
During our first season last year, I did an episode eating well on a budget and becoming a frugal foodie.
It was one of the most popular episodes by far. I had a lot of fun doing it because we not only looking at ways to save on food – which can be a huge expense but how to do it in such a way that you’re still enjoying fantastic meals.
Simply going for the cheapest foods is not a smart option. For one thing, there’s a lot of highly processed food options out there that are cheaper, but not good for you.
Your health can take a dive which can affect your quality of life and really the since the podcast is called Simplify and Enjoy, you can’t take advantage of the second part if you’re unhealthy.
And if you consider yourself a foodie, you probably want your meals to be not just healthy, but tasty and full of flavor.
Now based on the last show, I saw that I missed a critical step for many on their path to becoming a frugal foodie.
It’s that actual transition from regularly enjoying a meal out with friends to becoming someone who can invite buddies over for meals.
What if you love food, but hate to cook? What if your idea of meal prep is ordering in?
So in this episode, we’re going to get into:
- essential kitchen items you need to whip up a fantastic meal with 20 minutes or less of work
- whether grocery delivery services and meal planning services can save you money and quickly level up your cooking
- My favorite resources for quick and easy recipes
Let’s get started!
Resources to Become a Frugal Foodie
If you’re looking to eat better while sticking to your budget, here are some resources to check out:
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Personal Capital, Tiller, Mint
- Grow Your Stash Faster: High Yield Savings with CiT Bank
- Automatic Saving: Qapital
- Good and Cheap: How to Eat Well on $4/Day by Leane Brown
- Eating Well on a Budget by Julien and Kristen Saunders
- USDA Monthly Food Reports
- The $5 Foodie
- Eat Like a Foodie at Home, Without Breaking Your Budget
- A World Map of Flavors – 36 Regions, 36 Herb and Spice Combinations
- Bon Appetit's Basically
- The Kitchn Cooking School
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
If you’re looking for a rewards card that fits you, Coastal has a Signature Premier Rewards Visa Credit Card with some great benefits!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in 4 weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Like the music in this episode? Our theme song is by Gentle Regime. Additional music by Lee Rosevere.
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!