Today we’re going over essential house hunting tips so you can find your dream house!
The Dos and Don'ts of House Hunting: Expert Advice from a Real Estate Agent
Welcome back! These past few weeks, we’ve been focused on our home buying series. We started off with preparing finances to handle becoming a homeowner and building your credit.
Next, we got the inside scoop on what lenders are looking for to make it easier to get a great deal on your mortgage.
Now we’re talking about the last key step – house hunting. For many this both the fun part of the process, but also the most stressful, especially if you’re buying in a market.
One concern families have is trying to find that hidden gem of place and avoid getting with a money pit.
Which is why I’m happy to have real estate agent and broker Liz Mary Caban from Daymark Realty on. She’s sharing her expertise to make the process easier.
In this episode we get into:
- how to navigate with your house hunting and find your dream home
- how to be prepared to move quickly while still staying objective and within your budget
- what red flags to watch out for when you’re checking out homes
We have a lot to cover, so let’s get started!
Resources on Buying a House
If you’re looking to buy, here are some resources to help you find an affordable place you love!
- Best Budget and Money Apps: Empower, Tiller, Mint
- Grab My Book: Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money
- Daymark Realty | Work with LizMary Caban
- Buying a Home <- Want to save thousands of dollars while buying your dream home? Adam’s course takes you through contemplation to closing
- How To Get Your Finances Ready to Buy a House
- House Hunting: Tips to Buy a Home in a Seller’s Market
If you’d like to chat more your money system, please join us in our private and free Facebook group – Thriving Families. We’re families looking to support and help one another out.
Hope to see you there!
Thank You to Our Sponsor Coastal!
Support for this podcast comes from Coastal Credit Union! If you’re living in the Raleigh Durham area and looking to bank better, come check out Coastal today.
If you're thinking of buying a home here in the Triangle, take a look at Coastal's mortgage options and rates!
Support the Podcast!
Thank you so much for listening to the podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and found it helpful, here are some ways to support it.
- Spread the word! If you enjoyed this episode and think it can help a buddy get on the path to dumping debt and become financially free, please share.
- Join our coffee group ☕: Get access to exclusive behind the scenes videos, chats, and more!
- Leave a review. Honest feedback and reviews make a big difference and gets the word out about the podcast. Leave your review on Apple or Stitcher.
- Grab a copy of Jumpstart Your Marriage and Your Money. My book is designed for a busy couple to set up their finances in four weeks. Get tips and tools that have worked for other couples on their journey of building their marriage and wealth together!
Need an Extra $5K in Your Pocket?
Learn how to find, save, and earn more money in this free email course!